IMPORTANT: Warning on Travel to the Occupied Territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Travel to Azerbaijan requires an entry visa, unless there is an agreement on visa free travel with the country of citizenship (see the list of relevant countries).
NOTE: Please consider that the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles does not have any cooperation with any visa assistance company. Because, the visa assistance companies may charge the applicants extra fees, we encourage all applicants to directly contact our Consulate General to obtain all kinds of visas.
To obtain a multiple entry visa for travel to Azerbaijan, the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Consulate General:
1. Completed visa application form
To fill out visa application form:
• Visit the website: http://eapplication.mfa.gov.az/visa/#/ (Watch a video tutorial explaining how to correctly apply for visa via http://eapplication.mfa.gov.az/visa/#/)
• Register in “Sign up” page.
• Fill out the “Application form”.
• Submit the application form.
• Print the visa application form filled online and submit the hard copy along with other required documents.
2. Valid passport or other travel document (photocopies will not be accepted), which should have at least one clear page for the visa;
• A passport must be valid for no less than one month after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan
• Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card.
3. Two passport sized photos of the applicant, taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance.
4. Official Letter of Invitation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
All legal entities, including state and private companies and organizations based in Azerbaijan should process their invitations through the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan. For details inviting party may contact the Consular Department of Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Address: 4 Shikhali Gurbanov Str., Baku, AZ 1009. Phone: +994(50) 760-0663.
Visa fee for multiple entry for the US citizens is 350 US dollars. For other nationalities see here.
Only money orders (see the sample) or cashier’s checks (see the sample) are accepted. Please, make the check payable to the Consulate General of Azerbaijan.
To obtain a visa by mail, the applicant must include a postage paid return envelope (USPS, FedEx or UPS). The Consulate General of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the lost postal delivery. As the Consulate General does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your passport's return to you.
If the documents do not meet the specified requirements or the application is incomplete, it will be returned at your own expense.
Please send all the above-mentioned documents to:
Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Attn: Consular Section
11766 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1410
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Consular Section at (310) 444-9101 (ext. 3) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing time is 10 business days. The day of submission/delivery of documents by mail is not included in processing time. Visa processing starts only after the Consulate has received all necessary documents.
In accordance with domestic legislation and subject to the international agreements to which Azerbaijan is a party, the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan reserves the right to deny visa.
Please note, all foreigners intending to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 10 days must register with the State Migration Service. For more info please click here.
Please see the following video about how to correctly apply for visa: