IMPORTANT: Warning on Travel to the Occupied Territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Travel to Azerbaijan requires an entry visa, unless there is an agreement on visa free travel with the country of citizenship (see the list of relevant countries).
NOTE: Please consider that the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles does not have any cooperation with any visa assistance company. Because, the visa assistance companies may charge the applicants extra fees, we encourage all applicants to directly contact our Consulate General to obtain all kinds of visas.
If you wish to travel to Azerbaijan as a tourist, you have two options to obtain a tourist visa: An ASAN Visa (an electronic tourist visa sent to you via email) and a regular tourist visa (issued by the Consulate General).
Effective of January 10th, 2017, the citizens of the U.S. are eligible for ASAN Visa (an electronic tourist visa), which can be obtained through https://evisa.gov.az/en/ portal within 3 business days. The fee for the ASAN Visa is 20 US dollars. Once approved, the visa is sent by email directly to the applicant.
Please click here to see the video about how to correctly apply for ASAN Visa.
In addition to U.S. citizens, nationals of these countries can also obtain ASAN Visa (an electronic tourist visa).
Regular Tourist Visa
To obtain a regular tourist visa for travel to Azerbaijan, the following documents must be submitted to the Consular Section of the Consulate General:
1. Completed visa application form
To fill out visa application form:
• Visit the website: http://eapplication.mfa.gov.az/visa/#/
(Watch a video tutorial explaining how to correctly apply for visa via http://eapplication.mfa.gov.az/visa/#/)
• Register in “Sign up” page.
• Fill out the “Application form”.
• Submit the application form.
• Print the visa application form filled online and submit the hard copy along with other required documents.
2. Valid passport or other travel document (photocopies will not be accepted), which should have at least one clear page for the visa;
• A passport must be valid for no less than one month after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan
• Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card.
3. Two passport sized photos of the applicant, taken within the last 6 months to reflect the current appearance;
4. Letter of Invitation from a Tour Agency in Azerbaijan OR tourist voucher. You can also present a hotel confirmation, which however needs to be accompanied by your flight itinerary.
Visa fee for single entry for the US citizens is 20 US dollars. For nationals of other countries, click here.
Only money orders (see the sample) or cashier’s checks (see the sample) are accepted. Please, make the check payable to the Consulate General of Azerbaijan.
To obtain a visa by mail, the applicant must include a postage paid return envelope (USPS, FedEx or UPS). The Consulate General of Azerbaijan does not assume any responsibility for the lost postal delivery. As the Consulate General does not keep tracking numbers of your mail, you are advised to keep a record of it in order to track your passport's return to you.
If the documents do not meet the specified requirements or the application is incomplete, it will be returned at your own expense.
Please send all the above-mentioned documents to:
Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Attn: Consular Section
11766 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1410
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Business hours of the Consular Section are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Consular Section at (310) 444-9101 (ext. 3) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Processing time is 10 business days. The day of submission/delivery of documents by mail is not included in processing time. Visa processing starts only after the Consulate has received all necessary documents.
In accordance with domestic legislation and subject to the international agreements to which Azerbaijan is a party, the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan reserves the right to deny visa.
Please note, all foreigners intending to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 10 days must register with the State Migration Service. For more info please click here.
Please see the following video about how to correctly apply for visa: