General Information on Visas
IMPORTANT: Notice for travellers
According to the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan on Entry into and Exit from Azerbaijan and Passports, foreigners and stateless persons may enter the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan through specified points of entry with valid passports and appropriate visas issued by a relevant Azerbaijan authority.
Travel to Azerbaijan requires an entry visa, unless there is an agreement on visa free travel with the country of citizenship.
The following documents should be submitted to the Consular Section of the Consulate General to obtain a visa to Azerbaijan:
- Completed standard visa application. You can fill out the application form online. To fill out visa application form online visit evisa.mfa.gov.az. ALL fields of the application form must be filled out carefully, not missing any information. INCOMPLETE VISA APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE RETURNED WITHOUT PROCESSING AND MAY RESULT IN DENIAL OF YOUR APPLICATION; (Watch a video tutorial explaining how to correctly apply for visa via evisa.mfa.gov.az )
- An invitation letter from Azerbaijan (it should be submitted directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan);
- Valid passport or other travel document (original ones) which should have at least one clear page for the visa. A passport must be valid for no less than one month after the date of your planned departure from Azerbaijan. Holders of travel documents must submit valid permanent resident card;
- One passport sized photos of the applicant. Photos must be in color;
- Consular fee for visa processing;
- Prepaid return envelope if application is submitted by mail.
In Accordance with the Law 180-IIIQD of November 2006 on the Ammendment to the Law on State Duty and upon reciprocity the consular fees for the US citizens as of January 1, 2008 are as folows :
- Single entry (up to 90 days) - $160 US dollars;
- Double entry (up to 90 days) - $160 US dollars;
- Multiple entry (up to 1 year) - $160 US dollars.
Consular fees as to the citizens of third countries legally residing in the US depends of their country of origin. For detailed information please click here.
Please note, Money Orders or Certified Bank Checks payable to the Consulate General of Azerbaijan are the only acceptable forms of payment.
Should the above-mentioned requirements not be observed, the visa application will not be processed.
If the documents do not meet the specified requirements or the application is incomplete it will be returned. The Consulate assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage or delay of the documents sent by mail. Services such as Federal Express, DHL, UPS are recommended.
Please, send all the above-mentioned required documents to the following address:
Consulate General of the Republic of Azerbaijan,
11766 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1410, Los Angeles CA 90025.
Processing time is up to 10 business days. The day of submission/delivery of documents by mail is not included in processing time.
Visa processing starts only after the Consulate have collected all the necessary documents.
In accordance with domestic legislation and subject to the international agreements to which Azerbaijan is a party, the Consulate General reserves the right to consider visa applications in certain cases as long as it feels necessary. Visa can be denied if the authorities have reasons to believe that an applicant's entry into or stay in Azerbaijan will not be desirable.
Please note, Foreigners traveling to the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period exceeding 30 days must be registered with passport-registration office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs at least 7 days in advance.
Non-US citizens, prior to submitting the documents to the Consulate General, must inquire whether they are eligible for a visa.